Do you love reading this blog? Are you tech savvy, professional and fun to work with? Are you UW work-study eligible? Looking for some part-time work while in school? If you answered yes then this might be the job for you!
Communications Assistant Job Description
Hours Per Week: approximately 6
Hourly Rate: $15 per hour
Duration: Fall 2015, Winter 2016, Spring 2016. Immediate opening. .
Report to: Director, Center for Public Service Law
About the Center for Public Service Law:
The Center for Public Service Law at UW Law aims to educate, empower and inspire all of our students, graduates and broader law school community to incorporate public service into their lives, regardless of where they work or what kind of position they hold.
The Center works to nurture the culture of a service-oriented legal education, career and community as a key component of the UW Law mission to be Leaders for the Global Common Good. To that end, we provide programming, opportunities and connections to help UW Law students and graduates realize this vision of generous public service.
The Center for Public Service Law at the UW School of Law is the hub of public interest and social justice activities and career support at the law school. The communications assistant will provide support to the CPSL with its online outreach and marketing primarily through its blog (commongooduw.org) and weekly online newsletter. The blog provides the latest local, national and international news, announcements, events, job and internships postings related to public service law. It is updated three times per week. The weekly newsletter recaps the last week’s blog postings and directs its over 700+ recipients to the blog.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize and queue up prospective blog postings received via email by CPSL Director into Jobs/Internships, Announcements and Events.
- Consult with Director which items should be prioritized and included for each blog post prior to publishing.
- Using the Word Press blogging platform, post pre-approved Jobs/Internships on Mondays; Announcements on Wednesdays, and Events on Fridays following the pre-determined style, design and template of the blog.
- Using Campaign Monitor email marketing platform, compile the blog headlines and links from the last week and send newsletter everyMonday to 700+ recipients.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Experience with online marketing including Word Press, Campaign Monitor, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Experience with MS Publisher
- Interest and/or experience in providing community/ public service
- Interest in the law and legal profession
- Interest in journalism/communications
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office products and email
- Comfortable and interested in using and learning new technology
- Creative eye for online design and marketing
- Strong writing skills
- Fast learner
- Good judgment
- Interpersonal skills
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to meet deadlines in fast paced environment
Please email a resume (no more than one page) and cover letter to Aline Carton-Listfjeld, Director, Center for Public Service Law at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Open until filled.