Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his legacy of strength, resilience and compassion are a worldwide touchstone of civic responsibility and action. This January, honor his memory and the contributions of all people — past and present — who stand for justice, and join the University of Washington’s MLK Week!
Celebrate and carry on Dr. King’s legacy with your UW community by participating in these and other MLK Week events. Find more details here.
SIGNATURE EVENTS TO ADD TO YOUR CALENDAR:
- 1/9/16 | Nonviolent Direct Action Training | 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | New Holly Gathering Hall
- 1/13/16 | MLK Jr. Tribute | 11:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m. | Magnuson Health Sciences
- 1/14/16 | Dr. Ralina Joseph, What’s the Difference with “Difference”? | 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. | Kane Hall
- 1/15/16 | MLK Birthday Party and Kickoff!| 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. |HUB Street
- 1/18/16 | MLK Day of Service | 9 a.m.–4 p.m. | Locations Vary
- 1/20/16 | Race and the Legacy of Dr. King: The Sequel | 12–1:30 p.m. | Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center
- 1/20/16 | Unconscious Bias Workshop | 4–6 p.m. | Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center
- 1/21/16 | Ask Your Mama: 12 Moods for Jazz | 8–10 p.m. | Ethnic Cultural Theater
- 1/22/16 | Black Lives Matter Teach-In | 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. | Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center