1. Tuesday, February 18th at 5:30, RM 138
A talk by Mr. Tim Wise (author of “White Like Me” and “Dear White America”) titled: “Colorblind: The Rise of Post Racial Politics and the Retreat from Racial Equality.”
2. Friday, February 21st at 6:00 PM, Samuel Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center, 3931 Brooklyn Ave. N.E.
Salmon Bingo Dinner sponsored by the Native American Law Students’ Association.
3. Monday, February 24th at 12:30 PM, RM 119
“The Scales of Justice,” Miriam Shames and Nathan Whitaker, duo cellists will present a short program of uplifting cello music.
4. Monday, February 24th at 4:30 PM, RM 133
A talk by Henry Aronson (attorney who has spent a career working on social justice issues) titled: “Questioning the Unquestionable-Public Service.” Reception to follow.
5. Monday, February 24th at 5:30 PM, RM 127
Transgender 101; Skylar Brett, recent UW Law grad presents on transgender issues.
6. Tuesday, February 25th at 12:30 PM, RM 119
A talk by Barbara Madsen, Chief Justice of the Washington State Supreme Court covering the challenges facing women in the legal system and the importance of diversity.
7. Tuesday, February 25th at 3:30 PM, RM 115
A discussion of Aaron Dixon’s book “My People Are Rising.” Mr. Dixon was a founding member of the Seattle Black Panther Party.
8. Tuesday, February 25th at 5:30 PM, RM 127
A film about immigration, rights and justice titled: “Unified Struggle.” Following this 25 minute film the filmmaker and protagonist shall be available for a discussion and Q and A.
9. Wednesday, February 26th at 12:30 PM, RM 119
“Transformative Justice” speaker to be named.
10. Wednesday, February 26th at 4:00 PM, RM 115
“Diversity on the Bench,” a panel discussion by a group of judges to be named. Reception to follow.
11. Thursday, February 27th at 12:30 PM, RM 127
Professors Michael Hatfield, Shannon McCormack and Scott Schumacher to speak on tax policy and social outcomes.
12. Thursday, February 27th at 2:00 PM, RM 118
Professor Faith Stevelman to speak on “Corporations, Power and Diversity.”
13. Thursday, February 27th at 3:00 PM, RM 133
Washington Attorneys with Disabilities Association presents “Cripple, Gimp, Lame & Krazy LLP: The Story of Attorneys with Disabilities.”
14. Thursday, February 27th at 5:30 PM, RM 115
A BLSA TGIT featuring “super yummy” southern desserts.
15. Friday, February 28th at 12:30 PM, RM 116
Admissions director Mathiew Le will speak on admission policy.