Here’s your chance to catch up on some of the presentation materials we used for our workshop series on Public Service Law Career Building Essentials.
Nuts and bolts of public service resumes and cover letters click here.
Self assessment and developing your pitch/narrative click here.
If there’s enough of a demand we might offer more these Friday workshops in January. Please email Aline Carton-Listfjeld if you like more of these workshops offered next quarter.
Thinking About a Legal Career with the Federal Government? Be Sure to Read Through this Comprehensive and Updated Guide
At first glance, seeking and applying for federal jobs can seem incredibly overwhelming, and job-seekers may not know where to begin. The 2013-14 NALP/PSJD Federal Opportunities Guide contains:
- information about the benefits of a career in federal government;
- a look at the various kinds of work attorneys perform;
- an overview of where the most attorney jobs are (and will be) in the executive branch;
- resources to aid in finding the ideal opportunity; and
- tips on application processes.
NOTE: in addition to content offered in the Guide, NALP offers expanded content and resources on PSJD’s Federal Government Careers page: http://www.psjd.org/Careers_in_Federal_Government. We encourage readers to use the online content in tandem with the Guide. Online content offers the ability to:
- browse a clickable table of contents to immediately identify the most useful content;
- use dozens of hyperlinks in the Web content to click through to numerous useful online federal career resources; and
- benefit from continuous addition to and revision of online content instead of waiting for the annually updated print edition.