Social Justice Tuesday: February 19—LSRJ Legislative Update
12:30–1:20 p.m. – Room 133
Please join the Law Students for Reproductive Justice for a legislative update. Janet Chung from Legal Voice will discuss regulations and issues currently in play, including:
- Reproductive Parity Act
- Children of Incarcerated Parents Act
- Paid Sick and Leave Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Parental Notification Act
- Declaring that the right to life begins at the moment the individual comes into being
- Modifying the definition of rape in the third degree and indecent liberties concerning Sexual Assault Protection Orders
- Modifying stalking and harassment protection order provisions
- Requiring drug testing for recipients of benefits under the temporary assistance for needy families program
Happy Hour March 7: Minority Bar Associations
Connect with Other Minority Bar Associations at the ABAW+LMBA+QLaw Happy Hour!
QLaw is joining the Asian Bar Association of Washington and the Loren Miller Bar Association to facilitate networking among solo practitioners, small firm practitioners, and big firm lawyers at this upcoming happy hour event. Enjoy a cocktail and make connections with diversity-minded lawyers throughout the Puget Sound.
ABAW, LMBA, and QLaw will be providing plenty of appetizers. Parking will be validated by the restaurant.
Run for Justice: KCBA Fun Run Is March 9
Please join us for the 7th Annual King County Bar Association Fun Run, March 9 at 9:00 AM. Seward Park Lower Loop (5898 Lake Washington Blvd South Seattle, WA).
Registration begins 8:30 a.m. Race begins at 9:00 a.m.
$25 for all participants (ages 13+); $30 day of the event. T-Shirts included in the price.
The event proceeds support the King County Bar Association and the KCBA Pro Bono Services, including the 39 Neighborhood Legal Clinics located throughout King County.
Trophies for Largest Team and Best Team Uniform!
Questions: Please contact Janielle at (206)267-7016 or Janielleh@kcba.org